Central University of Jharkhand
The President of India gave assent to The Central Universities Act, 2009 that envisages establishing and incorporating universities for teaching and research in the various states.
The Central University of Jharkhand came into being under this Act on 1st of March, 2009. The Visitor of the Central University of Jharkhand, Her Excellency, Shrimati Pratibha Devisingh Patil, appointed Dr. Darlando T. Khathing, an internationally renowned scientist and a distinguished academic administrator, as its first Vice Chancellor.
CUJ’s focus will be on research in cutting-edge technologies.
To develop enlightened citizenship of a knowledge society for peace and prosperity of individuals, nation and the world, through promotion of innovation, creative endeavours, and scholarly inquiry.
To serve as a beacon of change, through multi-disciplinary learning, for creation of knowledge community, by building a strong character and nurturing a value-based transparent work ethics, promoting creative and critical thinking for holistic development and self-sustenance for the people of India. The University seeks to achieve this objective by cultivating an environment of excellence in teaching, research and innovation in pure and applied areas of learning.
- To disseminate and advance knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities in such branches of learning as it may deem fit;
- To make special provisions for integrated courses in humanities, social sciences, science and technology in its educational programmes;
- To take appropriate measures for promoting innovations in teaching-learning process and inter-disciplinary studies and research;
- To educate and train manpower for the development of the country;
- To establish linkages with industries for the promotion of science and technology; and
- To pay special attention to the improvement of the social and economic conditions and welfare of the people, their intellectual, academic and cultural development.